Thursday, October 4, 2012

Over the past month there have been a few developments for Abbi. The first one is her speech. Like I mentioned last time I wrote, she just kinda woke up one day and realized how an "s" is used in a word. She used to say "prin-tha", and where now she actually says "princess". Another example being "Mack" or "Mak-they", now she says clear as can be "Max" or "Maxy".

She's still the best big sister around and Cole loves her to death. Which I still can't figure out.

She's really learned how to use the computer this past month as well. Before Jenn or I had to sit with her while she played her games online. So Jenn sat down with her and worked with her on using a mouse. Unfortunately the mouse she used was older and not very good, so we quickly transitioned to using the trackpad on the laptop (the computer she usually uses). I also worked with her on understanding how the arrow keys can help her re-frame the content so she can see all of what she's trying to do.

What she really likes to do on the computer is play games on disneyjunior.com. She loves that site. Once we take her to the main site she is fully capable of navigating around and deciding what she wants to play and figuring out how to play it. For that, I'm very impressed by her.

I mentioned last month that she would be starting back up in her Fall activities and those are in full swing. She's in Rainbows (a church activity) on Wednesday nights, and then Thursdays she's in dance class again. She loves them both. I don't really think I could say which one she likes better (but if forced to do so, I'd say dance). We really like her participation in both activities since they promote different things and each gives her and opportunity to interact with other kids.

And speaking of her involvement, I've mentioned over the past 3 years how Abbi has impacted our lives and such, and these new activities are definitely having an impact. Its a whole new adjustment for Jenn and I to figure out how we're going to get Abbi to each of the activities and bring her home. Making it that much more complex to figure out is what to do with Cole during that time. Much like everything else, we'll adjust, but it will take time.

Finally, the last time I wrote Jenn had just gone back to school so the effect of not seeing her as much hadn't really set in on Abbi, but now it has. Abbi misses Jenn. A lot. And you can really tell. As such, I tend to get the crappier end of the stick from Abbi on many occasions. Abbi is very keen on understanding Cole's needs, but as soon as she sees a window of opportunity she pounces on Jenn. Example: If I offer to hold Cole for Jenn, Abbi immediately says "Mommy, now you can hold me. Hold me mommy!" and of course Jenn picks her up for a few minutes. So its clearly been an adjustment for us all, and we'll continue to work through it.

DSC_7847

1 comment:

  1. Abbi is certainly growing up. I love to hear her talk.

    ReplyDelete