Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The newest thing for Cole these days has got to be his mobility. Over the past month he's developed the concept of crawling. He's not getting around all that fast, but he can certainly get around. It started with a really basic army crawl, and has evolved into a slightly better army crawl. With that mobility he's starting to realize that he can actually get to the things he's interested in.

He's still just rocking the same two teeth on the bottom of his mouth. With those teeth he's been moving through different types of foods. This past month he's worked his way through chicken and turkey, and a mixture of a lot of his old favorite. Jenn is still making the food, and so of course, I'm still proud. We mixed the meats with some different veggies for flavor. So chicken and carrots, or turkey and sweet potatoes. Jenn also started giving him some combos of stuff he was already good with, like apples and bananas or apples and mangoes. Tasty stuff. Cole has also been doing a lot better eating graduates (little rice puff things), moving him towards eating other foods with his fingers.

Cole's personally continues to change as well. I commented last month that now that he doesn't spit up constantly I find myself spending more time with him, and actually enjoying it. I often come home or back into a room when Jenn is holding Cole and he reaches out to me. What he then does is immediately turns back towards Jenn and reaches for her. Repeat. Like a game. But he does seem to enjoy spending time with me more and more, which I of course like.

Its crazy how fast kids grow up. People say it all the time, every day. But they grow up fast. Almost to fast. I'm not a fan of all the bottles, the diapers, and the screaming. But I know Jenn is missing his falling asleep on her. He used to eat and then fall asleep on her chest and then she'd take him to bed. Now - he eats, and then we put him to bed. So there's already things he's leaving behind that he won't come back to. So while its sad to see him grow up, its equally awesome to see him learn, explore and grow into new things. I know Jenn and I often stop and try to enjoy where Cole is knowing he's just going to keep growing up, no matter how hard Jenn might wish to keep him at 8 months old.

DSC_8188

1 comment:

  1. Cole is a precious little boy and I'm glad you are enjoying him.

    ReplyDelete