Thursday, May 31, 2012

I think this might be my "latest" post yet, when it comes to the monthly postings. But again, better late than never.

There haven't been any leaps and bounds with Abbi in this past month, but we have started working a process that will hopefully have her able to go to sleep on her own by the time I write this the next time. Even with that process, we're still struggling to get her to sleep the full night in her bed. We're really not sure what it is that makes her come in our room when she wakes up because its not necessarily every night, but off and on.

I think she's really starting to move into the phase of picky eating. Most nights we are able to coax her into eating whatever we're eating, but sometimes, its just not happening. She really likes a good variety of foods, its more that she just feels like not eating I think out spite or in an effort to assert herself. Either way, its becoming a struggle some nights at the dinner table. I'm happy for her willingness to try new things, I just wish it was a little more. But I gotta give it to her in one regard that is if we fix something she likes, she devours her food, and its awesome.

I can't really put into words quite how I feel about this little kid. More and more each day I look at her and she really is a reflection of me. She's got a very similar personality to me, only its a kid version of my adult personality. So in some ways its cute, and in others I have to admit a bit worrysome. But regardless, I look at her and can't help but smile. She truly is an awesome little kid.

DSC_5756.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment