Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So its official. She's a big sister now. And she loves it. Abbi thus far has been a fabulous big sister to Cole. I think she is/was just as excited about becoming a big sister as we were to have Cole. She does things for him, she'll cover him up, hold him (but never very long), get things for Jenn, and in general love on him.

To talk to the point of holding him, but not very long. Its really funny to me actually. She's always interested in holding him, she's learned very well how she needs to support his head, but she really only wants to hold him for maybe 5-10 seconds, and then she's done, and insists, deeply, that you take him back.

I mentioned last month she got over the hump of "8", well now we have a new bump in the road - Blue. She doesn't consistently recognize it, even though she can the majority of the other colors. What odd about it to me is that she used to be able to, at least I think so. But now, its like the color doesn't really even exist anymore.

Another situation that arose in the month with Abbi was her development of "NO DADDY" for about 2 weeks. She would ask Jenn for something, and I would offer to help her. That wasn't good enough, in any way. She would get super pissed and yell at me. Thankfully that didn't last all that long, and overtime she got over it. But there are still times when I can see that she really wants Jenn and her attention and Jenn just can't give it to her then. But she is adjusting and learning to share her mommy time with Cole.

She's still into all the things as before, only more fervently. She does dress ups almost every day. She's been really into her play food, setting up picnics for Jenn and I. Plus with the weather getting warmer, its been much easier to get her outside to use up some of that mass of energy. Just like always, I love my little girl and can't wait to see what she'll do next.

1 comment:

  1. Abbi's so pretty, growing up every day, likes her little brother - what more can a person ask for. So cute!

    ReplyDelete