Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm a few days late on this, but not much has changed in the last 4 days!

Abbi is now in her second year of life and she continues to amaze both Jenn and I. I'm not sure where to start with her, so how about teeth and food. This kid still eats like a beast. She's an awesome eater. She's got all 4 molars, and she's finally getting that last front tooth in the front bottom row of 4. So she's basically got 12 teeth at this point.

She's at this really cool stage now where she can watch and learn, then mimic you. She'll do the twist, jump, spin, clap, clean her hands, blow her nose, all sorts of stuff. A few days ago I was painting and she wanted to help. So she painted a small area and then grabbed her own brush and pretended to paint in the air. She's awesome!

Abbi has also started to develop quite a little personality. And part of it, she's developed her own sense of defiance (just like me) that is starting to show. We'll ask her not to do something and she'll think about it and then maybe do it or not do it. I'm confident she understands not to do it, but is instead deciding to do what she wants. The worst part is that if you scold her or tell her no, within in 2/3 seconds she's smiling ear to ear at you. She's to cute to actually be upset with.

So there you have it. She's another month older. Another month smarter. The summer was amazing for both Jenn and Abbi, and now there both back to the routine of school. Abbi's back to the daycare rotation, and Jenn at work. It was really nice to see Jenn spend so much time with Abbi over summer and just get to be her mom.

I'm not entirely sure how to wrap this up, so let me say this - I love my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment