Monday, April 19, 2010

While in Disney and whenever we walk with Abbi these days she loves to put her arms out and enjoy the ride, its very cute to watch.

There have been a few new developments in Abbi-land over the weekend that I'd like to share. The first one is very exciting in that she can now crawl all the way up the stairs. I watched her go all the way up 12 steps, alone, on Saturday night. I was incredibly proud of her. Then yesterday I watched her without fear crawl down the landing at Grandmom's house. Amazing little kid!

Also - on Friday we took Abbi for her third laser treatment. The treatment itself I think went well. She's already healing very well from it and I'm hoping that based on the look of the treatment that we will see some measured progress in the removal/reduction of the birthmark.

What didn't go so well was the experience. The past two times we've seen a Dr. Putgen, however she had a baby in March so this time we saw Dr. Cohen. He's the head of the office that runs this laser setup and as such I was kind of excited to see him. He was incredibly nice, however there were about 5 additional people in the room as medical students and assistant technicians. In the past there has only been the nurse and 1 doctor.

So with all the other people it felt really hectic, and rushed. Dr. Cohen was extremely nice and patient with us to answer questions and get to know Abbi a bit. But the doctor that did her actual treatment wasn't so nice and didn't really seem to be as knowledgeable as Jenn and I would have liked. Overall things went well, but we're looking forward to June when we can go back and see Dr. Putgen.

Like I said before though, she's healing well, and as always she took it in stride. She cried while she was being held down, but once it was over she was fine. She did take a nice long nap that afternoon though! So we're 3 down, and somewhere between 5 and 12 more visits. Personally, I don't think it will take 12. The birthmark has faded tremendously on its own and with the treatment its getting better. So I'm hoping for only like 5 more visits...

2 comments:

  1. Abbi does different things every day doesn't she? This is a good time of the year for the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one comment already but I'll make another since I was looking at the blog again. Abbi has the prettiest little smile/grin and she is the happiest little person. She is just a pleasure to have for a granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete