Friday, January 15, 2010

Two days ago Abbi turned 6 months. Crazy! I feel that its a remarkable feat for both Jenn and I that we've managed to keep another human being alive for 6 months without any prior training or assistance. Its certainly had some rough patches, but things seemed to have smoothed out somewhat.

Abbi has grown a considerable ammount in the last month. There are new things that she's doing, and new foods that she's eating. As for foods, she's up to her full amount of cereal a day (6 tablespoons) and two weeks ago we started giving her other foods. We started with carrots which we're unsure if she liked, and now this week we've started giving her sweet potatoes. I think she's still on the fence about all these news foods, but I know exciting for me to be able to feed her and have her try new things.

She now has two teeth on the bottom of her mouth that have come in real good. The doctor said on Wednesday that she didn't have any more working their way in at the moment, so for now she's stuck with 2!

With those teeth she bites. And it hurts. At first I thought it was cute she wanted to grab my hand and chew on a finger or two, until she had those little chompers and bit down nice and hard on me. Jenn learned a lot quicker than I did about putting hands in her mouth.

Last month I commented that she's gotten stronger, and thats only continued. She's finally big enough these days to be tossed into the air, and flipped upside down. She loves getting piggy back rides. I think she likes being up high and able to see everything.

The coolest thing that I think she's doing now, she just started this week. We were playing peek-a-boo with her and she got the hang of it so that she would pull the blanket over her face and back. It was very very cute to see her do it.

From my perspective, Abbi and I have been growing together. It hasn't been easy caring for her over the past 6 months sometimes, but thats how it goes I suppose. When she's upset, she seems to only want Jenn sometimes, and that sucks. But we're working with Abbi to help teach her that we can both help her and soothe her.

I can't believe how quickly 6 months has gone by. It literally seems like she was just born the other day, and now BAM! She sits up. She eats real(ish) food. She makes talking noises. She notices the dog and wants to pet him. Its just incredible! I can't wait to see what the next 6 months and beyond have for us!

3 comments:

  1. Relish the good times, and if you figure out the secret of how to get her to come to you when mom is home too.. let me know.. im on kid 4 .. and still haven't found that secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbi is a precious little girl who gets sweeter every day. Enjoy all the times you have as an infant and baby girl because too soon she will be all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have done a fantastic job with Abbi the last 6 months. I get so much excitement your blog Drew about Abbi and I can see where you have really grown as a parent. Keep up the good work!!!! Jess.

    ReplyDelete