Friday, April 5, 2013

One day I might actually write some of these reflections kinda close to Abbi's actual day of birth. Not this month though.

I wrote last month about Abbi and her drawing. She's progressed even further in my mind, in that now she's taken to actually writing on the lines on a paper like we would. Yesterday she was walking around with a little notebook taking notes, pretending to be a doctor. She wrote/drew things all over the page, but they were all on a line of the notebook exactly as it should have been. Made me proud to see it.

Speaking of playing doctor, Abbi's imagination these days is off the hook. Last night she was playing doctor. Other times she's playing mom (where Jenn is our other kid). She's also very creative when it comes to making up songs and words. She very often sings her own songs, and sometimes they are to a recognizeable tune, and others, they are a complete Abbi originals.

Behavior wise, Abbi is about the same. Our recent trip to Disney was a bit exhausting, but we believe that to be more a product of the environment and circumstance, than an actual settled behavior. That said, she was demanding and moody while we were on our trip, but now that we're back home she's happier and a bit more easy going.

Just like always, I'm excited to be able to watch my little girl grow up. I'm so incredibly proud of her and all the things she can and does do. I tell her everyday how beautiful she is, just so she knows.

Untitled

1 comment: