Thursday, January 31, 2013

Three and half! How is my little girl that old!? It doesn't makes sense. Every day that goes by I just watch her, and listen to her, and seeing her grow up really is awesome. I'm proud to be her dad, and she makes me feel that way pretty much every day.

Abbi continues to impress Jenn and I on a regular basis. She's becoming more of a little woman each day, and unfortunately small "toddler" things she does are fading away into more "kid" things. Example, the other night I noticed that she no longer calls the TV the "T-T". She's finally figured out how to get that "V" in their. Its those small things, like her calling a princess "prin-tha", that she doesn't do anymore and every time you hear her talk the right way, you remember just big she's getting.

She's incredibly sweet at time to Cole, and others, I swear shes trying to get away with anything she can. Its really hard as her dad too. I get that she wants our attention, but its so hard to divide up our attention between two kids. One who needs our attention to meet his basic needs, and the other who needs our attention to meet her emotional needs. I'm not shorting the emotional part all, its just really difficult to try and balance those two. And after all, the point about writing here is to provide a fathers perspective on things.

Abbi recently had her first dentist visit and did fantastically. Jenn took her to see the same dentist that we have been seeing for the last 9 years, and after watching Jenn go first, Abbi went and did great. Wasn't scared, didn't wiggle to death, just did great. It makes me incredibly happy to think (at least for now) that she's not terrified of the dentist. Both Jenn and I hate going, so hopefully, through some miracle, she won't gain that irrational fear.

This being the half way point between 3 and 4 earlier this month we celebrated Abbi's half birthday by letting her choose Sunday, post-church lunch. She loves her some Five Guys. She gets fries, peanuts and a hot dog. Probably Abbi's perfect meal. It was good to celebrate half way, especially since I think its going to be a little hard for her next month when we celebrate Cole's first birthday and its all about him.

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't seem like she could be 3 12 already. She is such a beautiful little girl and we are glad she is our granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete