Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm not sure where to start with our little guy. I suppose there with "little". Cole went to the doctor for his 9 month check up and while he's exactly where he should be for height and weight, he's a little guy. He's in the 25th percentile for both height and weight. Compared to Abbi who was and still hangs out in the 90th percentile.

Definitely one of the more interesting things about having a second child is seeing all the similarities and differences between two kids. I mean Jenn and I are the same parents, but we definitely do things differently, and as a result Cole is already showing signs of being different from Abbi.

Cole will play a lot more on his own, mostly because Abbi demands that this occur. But he enjoys playing this way. He's constantly smiling. I mean constantly. I don't remember if Abbi was this way or not, but Cole is always smiling. And he's always super happy for me to be around. Abbi not so much. She was momma's little girl. Cole is my boy, for sure.

Cole has mastered the art of the crawl at this point. He's up on his knees and moving about. With this he can finally get around with greater ease, although his wounded warrior crawl never really seemed to impeded his progress all that much.

He's got 4 teeth at 9 months. He's rocking two teeth on the bottom and two up top. He's got the center two teeth on bottom, and one incisor and one center tooth up top. It won't be long before he's got 4 up top, but not just yet.

Now that he's 9 months old, we're going to start transitioning him off of baby food and more towards normal meals and such. So that will definitely be an interesting transition. Jenn has done such a phenomenal job over the past 4 months making all Cole's food, its going to be strange to start feeding him "table food". That said, Cole is definitely ready for the upgrade.

Lastly, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I wanted to make sure I did, so I don't forget about it years from now. Many times Cole is referred to as "Coley". Said as Cole-e. Why? Because I've got Abbi. And therefore he's Coley. It just works. Abbi picked up on quickly and so did Jenn. I think even grandmom has picked up on it here and there. He's got other nicknames from me too though, like Colers, Colerone and big man. But Coley seems to be the one thats really sticking at this point.

DSC_8423

No comments:

Post a Comment