Friday, July 13, 2012

I can't believe my little girl is three years old. I mean as a parent, you know its coming. Each day she gets a little older bit by bit, but when I sit back today and think about how she got to be three its just crazy. I really do feel like just yesterday we were in the hospital with her. Its nuts!

Abbi has changed in so many ways over the past year. She's moved into a real-deal big girl bed this year, and of course that has proved to be problematic for her and her sleep "issues" as Jenn says. But we'll get through it. She loves the big bed, just not being in it alone.

Her speech is amazing to me. Its crazy to sit back and think about how big her vocabulary is after only 3 years of life. She talks really well, and shes really starting to figure out how some words sound. Simple things like please, now sounds like please instead of "meese". She's really getting good at her pronunciation.

One "new this month" item on Abbi is that this week we started Abbi in her first "group" activity. She started dance class this past Tuesday. She'll be going over the next six weeks, and hopefully she's loosen up and learn to have fun at it. This first time she was definitely timid and reserved, but afterwards, she did say she liked it.

I think the biggest change though for Abbi in the last year is that she's now a big sister. She really seems to love Cole and the fact that he's her brother. What I don't think she likes is all the attention she's lost from Jenn as a result. However, as I've mentioned before, I think Cole's presence has strengthened my bond with Abbi, and so for that I'm even more thankful. Abbi still loves more than anything her time with Jenn, but now she wants to spend her time with me more often. When I come home after work she's always happy to see me and wants to spend time with me.

I gotta say, as a father, its definitely one of the best feelings to come home to your daughter, and for her to want to spend time together. She doesn't care if its Barbie's, Lego's, setting up the water sprinkler, feeding max, changing laundry, vacuuming, cutting grass, anything. If its with me, she's interested, involved and happy, and I love her tremendous amounts for it.

I'm super excited to see how my little girl continues to grow over the years, and just see all the new amazing things she's going to do!

DSC_6787

1 comment:

  1. ABBI: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY on # 3.
    Andrew: You have an amazing little girl - so very sweet and smart and we love her so much. Three years ago today we wondered what she would look like in a few months. Now she has beautiful blonde hair and blue gray eyes. Keep enjoying your little girl.

    ReplyDelete