Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I can't believe another year has gone by. My little girl is two years old today. She's so much more a little person than she was this time last year. Last year she had just learned how to walk, was working on basic talking skills and looked like a toddler. Now...now she looks like a kid!

She is so active and fun, she certainly keeps Jenn and I busy all the time. With me she gets her rough playtime in. She likes to sit on my lap and jump, use my legs as a balance beam, race me through the house, play in a house fort, chase the dog, help me wash the car and all kinds of other things.

Now that she's able to communicate with us pretty well using words, its even more fun with her. You can actually have a semblance of a conversation with her. She's got a fantastic memory as well. She'll start talking about something and it will take Jenn and I a couple of times before we realize what she's talking about because its from a few weeks back or so. Amazing!

She's extremely loving at this point in her life. I've worked with her for 2 years on hugs and I think the effort is paying off. Often when I ask for a hug she tell me "no", but if I offer one up like a pink one, or a blue one, or a "bone crusher" then she'll often relent and wrap her arms around my neck. She's also pretty helpful around the house, and does fantastic keeping things relatively clean.

Like I said, speech-wise she's doing fantastic. She's reached that "sponge" state and just everything that you say to her she repeats back or at least she tries to repeat it back to you. Its awesome to hear her talk and watch her learn new things and words.

In short, I love my little girl. She amazes me every day and I'm very excited to watch her grow up and become an amazing woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment