Friday, February 18, 2011

Abbi turned 19 months old last Sunday and so its time to write about her and how its all going. I've heard many time, from many different people that there are ages of your children that you wish you could freeze time within. This is one of those ages. She is absolutely wonderful to spend time with. She loves to spend time with Jenn and I, so much so she's unhappy if forced to play alone sometimes. She loves to play tent, and whenever she gets it out, she heavily encourages me to sit inside with her.

She's at an interesting point of mixed independence. In one way she's able feed herself a lot of foods, get the foods, and even tell us sometimes what she wants. And then at the other end, she's still in diapers, we still prepare a ton of food for her, she needs help getting in/out of the car, getting in to the crib and such. Then there are times she's trying to prove she can do something that she's just not ready for.

The point is, this is one of those times I'd like to freeze and I'm pretty sure Jenn would agree. Abbi always has such a happy personality and such a beautiful smile. I hope she's always able to have or at least find the same level of happiness that she has these days.

I commented to Jenn the other night about how different I think things would have been if Abbi was a boy instead. I wonder how I would have treated my kid differently and I said to Jenn that I really feel having Abbi has softened me up quite a bit. At least taken a little bit of the edge off, and for that, I certainly love my little girl.

As for Abbi - she's plugging away at life. Learning words, numbers, colors, shapes and such. The kid can name like every part of her body, its really cool to work on that with her. She's really starting to like TV. Stuff like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Backyardigans and Blue's Clues. She also likes Wonder Pets but Jenn and I absolutely hate it, so we try to avoid that one where possible. Basically - she's awesome!

2 comments:

  1. You do have an awesome little girl. You and Jenn are good parents and she is lucky to have both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has most definitely turned you into a mushball but in the best possible way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete