Monday, June 14, 2010

I'd say the countdown is on now. Less than a month to go before Abbi turns one. Jenn and I were talking this weekend about what it was like a year ago as we waited for Abbi to come and wondered what she and things with her would be like. I think its safe to say things have been awesome, and nothing like we expected.

It has become pretty much impossible to take a picture of Abbi with a card near her stating how old she is. We still try, but it doesn't work to well. However, she does love to smile and laugh and everything else, leading to pictures like the one below.

Abbi now has 7 teeth, and she's working really hard on one of her molars. This kid can eat like no one else. I mean she can really put food away. She just eats and eats, healthy stuff too, not just junk. She loves fruit and vegetables, and we really only give her water in her cups, or maybe a 90% water, 10% juice mix.

The big news though, she's walking. Abbi started walking almost a month ago. Just after I wrote my last big month post, she started walking a week later. She's now up to walking from room to room, 15-20 steps before she stops. She can go up and down the stairs. Get off the furniture herself. The other day, she turned her little chair on its back and used it as a step to get up onto the ottoman. Amazing!

We're constantly impressed with how smart she is, and all the things she can do. The last 11 months have been amazing to watch Abbi grow and learn. Jenn and I are both looking forward to Abbi's one year birthday as a celebration for her, but also for us. That we've made it through a year of very uncharted teritory.

I told Jenn last night, I love how Abbi is right now. I can look at her and smile and it comes right back to me looking just like this picture. She's starting to get more facial expressions, understand more things, and just overall be a fun person to be with. I love my little girl, and I'm certainly a proud father!

3 comments:

  1. You just didn't know how much fun Abbi would be, did you? She has the sweetest smile and she is so good natured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing? Paige just gets cooler and cooler everyday, and her personality wows me constantly. This is a really fun age. It's just getting better and better! I'm glad to hear you guys are basking in the joy of Abbi as much as Cary and I are with Paige...love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you forgot she is learning how to swim. I must say she did a good job yesterday!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete