Monday, March 15, 2010

She's moving. It took her about 2 weeks short of 8 months to start crawling and now she's on the move. Never to be still again! Its amazing to watch Abbi crawl around the floor. There are things that she tends to go back to (such as Jenn's pens, and anything remotely dangerous) but she does listen well. If we tell her "no", then she will stop and sit down and often turn around and head towards something else. Its absolutely amazing to watch her learn so much and crawl around.

With another month gone by, its like Abbi turned on a whole new level of baby this month. She's cuter than ever and like I said, moving around. Saturday we fed her cheerios and puffs and she was able to pick them up on her own and get them in her mouth. I was a proud papa. Again - absolutely amazing. I take for granted all the things that I know how to do because I've been doing them so long. Simple things like finger dexterity and walking are so foreign to Abbi, but she intrinsically knows how to do it and is slowly learning. Awesome!

Food wise, she's 1 food away from done with stage 1. Jenn got some prunes for her and thinks it best she try them, so once she's nice and regulated we're going to move on to stage 2 and start with the meats. She's already had chicken and pulled pork, but we'll do the official baby food jars this time.

She's back to sleeping like an awesome baby. She's been hitting the sack around 9 and Jenn gets her up at 7. This is all much better than the 11 and 11:30 bedtimes she used to have. She's also pushed through another tooth. She's now got 5 teeth and her second front tooth is working its way down. By next month she'll have a solid 6 teeth.

This month more than any other I've noticed such dramatic changes in Abbi's abilities and I can't express how proud I am of her and just how amazing I am at how quickly she's been able to learn. Only 8 months ago she was awake for about 2 hours a day and that was just to eat. Now, she sleeps for about 10 and the rest she's on the move, exploring or playing with Jenn and I. And talking about playing - we lucked out here. This little girl actually enjoys playing on her own. Again - awesome!

I love my little girl, and its incredibly exciting to watch her grow up. Its a little sad to see it happen so fast, but - that's how it goes. Last night I dreamed that she was walking, and I know its not that far off. She already stands up with the ottoman or chair and turns with only 1 hand for support and smiles at me. She's the best!

1 comment:

  1. Abbi is growing so fast and doing so many things, isn't she? She is a beautiful little girl. You didn't know 8 months ago this time she could be this sweet, did you?

    ReplyDelete